CHAT (Centre for Heritage, Arts and Textile) is honoured to present With the Sun, She Quells the Night – A Tribute to Rebecca Pan exhibition this summer. The exhibition was conceived in close collaboration with the artist herself to explore the defining moments of transformation in her life and career. The exhibition examines and reimagines the iconic star through the lens of contemporary art by bringing together archive materials from images, costumes, music records, news clippings, and more. In light of this, The Mills has specially arranged “A Nostalgic Family Interactive Music & Dance Experience” on 18-20 August. It is a fun-filled interactive music experience designed for the whole family to enjoy. With familiar melodies, it allows both the elderly and children to enter an interactive space, singing along and journeying through the 1960s. Children can dress up in 60s attire, learn about their grandparents’ upbringing and Hong Kong’s history, while grandparents can reminisce and explore their youthful days alongside the children. (Don’t forget to visit CHAT for the exhibition afterwards!)
“A Nostalgic Family Interactive Music & Dance Experience” is curated by renowned local musician Vicky Fung, together with music director CMgroovy, musical performer Emola Law, and the multi-talented kid performer Janice Shum, Christopher Ying, as well as actor Chow Zip, who will deliver outstanding performances, taking the audience on a journey through the 1960s. This interactive music experience combines cross-generational elements, music, and fun, offering something for both adults and children. It is an excellent program that the whole family can participate in!
“A Nostalgic Family Interactive Music & Dance Experience” Details
Date： 18, 19 & 20 August 2023
Session: 2 sessions per day
Time: (1st Session) 2 pm – 3 pm; (2nd Session) 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Venue: The Mills
Language: Cantonese (supplement with English)
Price: $200 (same price for adults and children)
Special Offer for The Mills Kids Festival
Enjoy 10 % on purchasing of 3 tickets or above ; 20% on purchasing of 5 tickets or above! Let’s invite your friends and family to join the music experience!
The OOTD for dating in the 60s
During the party, simply take a photo of your retro outfit with your phone, upload it to your public Instagram account, and hashtag #奇幻音樂老派約會, tagging @themillshk to participate! The five selected winners will receive electronic vouchers worth HKD $500 for The Mills. (Terms and conditions apply, please refer below for details.)
A little tip, iconic items from the 60s include handkerchiefs, geometric patterns, leather shoes, mini skirts, and space-inspired fashion.
For those with tickets, hurry and choose your outfits to get ready for the party!
The Nostalgic Family Interactive Music and Dance Experience│The OOTD for dating in the 60s
From Aug 18 – Aug 20, take a picture of your 60s OOTD at The Mills and upload it on Instagram with the hashtag #奇幻音樂老派約會 and tag us @themillshk. This will automatically enter you into the Nostalgic Family Interactive Music and Dance Experience Instagram Competition. Winners will be awarded The Mills’ cash coupons from selected tenants.
Once you have uploaded photos to Instagram with the hashtag #奇幻音樂老派約會 and location pinned @themillshk, it is assumed that you have read, understood and agreed with the following terms and conditions:
- The Competition opens for Hong Kong citizen aged 18 or above (participant)
- The Competition will be started on 18 August 2023 and ended on 20 August 2023 11:59PM, all participants has to upload photos to Instagram with the hashtag #奇幻音樂老派約會 and location pinned @themillshk before the stated end time. All posting time will be judged according to the time stamp recorded by the platform.
- Upon submission of the comment, participants confirm that the s/he owned the copyright of the piece and any individuals or intellectual properties that have appeared in the comment box, and have consented and agreed to permit the participants to providing the images and personal information to The Mills Hong Kong and that The Mills Hong Kong may use the images and personal information for the purpose of this Contest. The Mills Hong Kong shall not be responsible for any liability arising from claims or suits of third parties, including costs and expenses incidental thereto, in connection with the use of the participants’ comments.
- Submitted comments must not contain content that related to obscene, defamation, racist, discrimination or in any other manner unlawful, The Mills Hong Kong has the right to disqualify the submission without prior notice.
- Upon the end of the competition, The Mills Hong Kong will select 5 most creative works which can best elaborate on the theme 【The Nostalgic Family Interactive Music and Dance Experience Instagram Competition】as winners.
- Each winner will be awarded with cash coupons from selected tenants of The Mills with the total value of HK$500.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Participants can submit more than 1 instagram photo but each participant will be awarded once only.
- Upon submission, participants shall agree to allow The Mills Hong Kong to have the right in using the comment for any event related promotion. Participants Instagram account will be mentioned as credit.
- The Mills Hong Kong will contact winners through Instagram inbox with the official account (themillshk) to obtain information for prize delivery. Winners must reply in full details within 5 working days or will be consider as forfeiting the prize.
- The Mills Hong Kong shall not be responsible for any loss of data or delay in data transmission due to any cause which is not under The Mills Hong Kong reasonable control, including but not limited to a breakdown or failure of communication facilities or any interruption, delay, corruption or interception of such communication. Participants agree to Nan Fung Group’s use of submitted personal data for direct marketing purposes as set out in Personal Information Collection Statement.
- In case of any dispute, The Mills Hong Kong reserved the right to make the final decision.