Upcycled Lantern Workshop
Who says you need to “buy” and then throw away a lantern every Mid-Autumn Festival? Why don’t you make your own sustainable and long-lasting lantern?
This Mid-Autumn, join us at Fabrica Lab to create an upcycled lantern with reclaimed organic pine wood from Nan Fung Group’s latest project – AIRSIDE, and scrap fabrics which would have been wasted otherwise!
One final touch to your creation: why don’t we give it a twist with Chinese calligraphy inks?
DURING OUR UPCYCLED LANTERN WORKSHOP, YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT:
- Simple woodworking techniques to create a handheld lantern;
- Decorating fabric pieces with traditional calligraphy inks and methods; and
- How to process used materials and upcycle them
|Date:||Sep 18 – Sep 21 (Sat – Tue)|
|Time:||2pm – 4pm (Sun-Tue) / 4:30pm – 6:30pm (Sat-Sun)|
|Location:||Fabrica Lab, 4/F The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan|
|Price:||HKD 550 (1 participant, ages 12+)|
|HKD 600 (1 parent & 1 child, ages 6+)*|
|HKD 900 (2 participants, ages 12+)|
|Inclusive:||All materials to create one (1) small wooden lantern with fabric cover per participant*|
|Dimensions:||approx. 20(H) x 14(L) x 14(W) cm|
* the participation fee for 1 parent & 1 child only includes the making of one (1) lantern.
- Wooden Frame Assembly — 45 minutes
- Fabric Cover Painting — 45 minutes
- Final Assembly and Finishing Touches — 30 minutes