In these trying times, The Kids Festival at The Mills is a true breath of fresh air for you and your kids.
【The Mills Kids Festival 2021 Challenge – Capture the Happy Crowd!】Instagram Competition
Once you have uploaded photos to Instagram with the hashtag #TheMillsKidsFestival2021 and location pinned @themillshk, it is assumed that you have read, understood and agreed with the following terms and conditions:
- The Competition opens for Hong Kong citizen aged 18 or above (participant)
- The Competition will be ended on 29 Aug 2021 11:59PM, all participants has to upload photos to Instagram with the hashtag #TheMillsKidsFestival2021 and location pinned @themillshk before the stated end time. All posting time will be judged according to the time stamp recorded by the platform.
- Upon submission of the comment, participants confirm that the s/he owned the copyright of the piece and any individuals or intellectual properties that have appeared in the comment box, and have consented and agreed to permit the participants to providing the images and personal information to The Mills Hong Kong and that The Mills Hong Kong may use the images and personal information for the purpose of this Contest. The Mills Hong Kong shall not be responsible for any liability arising from claims or suits of third parties, including costs and expenses incidental thereto, in connection with the use of the participants’ comments.
- Submitted comments must not contain content that related to obscene, defamation, racist, discrimination or in any other manner unlawful, The Mills Hong Kong has the right to disqualify the submission without prior notice.
- Upon the end of the competition, The Mills Hong Kong will select 5 most creatively elaborating the theme of 【Capture the Happy Crowd】 as winners.
- Each winner will be awarded with a total of HK$500 coupons from designated shops at The Mills.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Participants can submit more than 1 instagram photo but each participant will be awarded once only.
- Upon submission, participants shall agree to allow The Mills Hong Kong to have the right in using the comment for any event related promotion. Participants Instagram account will be mentioned as credit.
- The Mills Hong Kong will contact winners through Instagram inbox with the official account (themillshk) to obtain information for prize delivery. Winners must reply in full details within 5 working days or will be consider as forfeiting the prize.
- The Mills Hong Kong shall not be responsible for any loss of data or delay in data transmission due to any cause which is not under The Mills Hong Kong reasonable control, including but not limited to a breakdown or failure of communication facilities or any interruption, delay, corruption or interception of such communication.
- Participants agree to Nan Fung Group’s use of submitted personal data for direct marketing purposes as set out in Personal Information Collection Statement.
- In case of any dispute, The Mills Hong Kong reserved the right to make the final decision.
Packed with activities to raise your children’s spirits and help them stay creative, 【The Mills Kids Festival】2021 includes everything from a Kids Market to “Jazz for Kids” and host of workshops and other exciting programmes.
The Mills Kids Market
Children are encouraged to become entrepreneurs and lead the way with their creative ideas. With Craftmanship and Hand-made Games as the theme of the event, children are responsible for designing their own plans, deciding on unique products for the Market and running their own stalls. Let your kids take charge and show us what they can do in a fun, creative and encouraging environment.
Date: 21-22 August
Time : 13:00- 18:00
Venue : 1/F
The Mills Reborn
In this activity, kids guide their parents around The Mills by following a map with clues to complete different missions. Designed by “ohmykids”, an expert in building programs for kids to shine and experience new adventures, these challenges help kids learn history by experiencing it. Children can discover the history of The Mills and the growth and development of textile industry from the 1950s onward through fun, adventure-based games.
Date: 21、22、28、29 August
Time : 10:30 – 11:30/ 12:30- 13:30/ 14:30-15:30
Venue : M/F, The Annex
The activity requires a deposit of $300 for the registration. Each group consists of two children. Please form your own team before registering.
Jazz for Kids
“Jazz for Kids” is an interactive concert that encourages children to feel and accept their own emotions. Jazz musicians use music to tell the story of Siu Kwai, who lives in a vivid and colourful reality, with his emotions often getting the better of him.So how should Siu Kwai handle his strong feelings? How can Siu Kwai better process his thoughts and emotions?By raising these questions, children learn to recognise and handle different emotions within a melodic musical experience that is full of laughter and interesting stories told by an experienced storyteller.
Date: 15 August
Time: 13:00 – 14:00/ 15:00- 16:00
Venue : M/F, The Annex
Enjoy indoor sports while enhancing your coordination and relax with family yoga! With international qualifications in yoga and yoga for kids, Kiki and her team will share simple yet interesting techniques using music, games and breathing exercises to allow kids to learn quickly and experience the benefits of yoga.*Each pair of participants will receive a new yoga mat and a yoga block
Date: 14 August
Time : 14:00-15:00
Venue : 4/F, Fabrica Atrium
Capacity：6 pairs of family（one parent & one child over 4 years old for each family）
Let the young generation learn to make their own clothes!Simply bring your own pair of old jeans and we will be able to transform it into a denim apron. Through the workshop, the instructor will cover design direction, provide basic accessories, and assist the kids in cutting and sewing, in the hope that the kids can finish their apron within 2 hours.Use the apron for different daily tasks including visual art lessons, housework, cooking and gardening. This workshop will let you experience not only art, but also logical thinking, creative production, aesthetics, culture and product design.No matter how advance technology becomes, arts and crafts will continue to play an important part in our lives for a fruitful and balanced life.
Time：11:00 – 13:00
Language：Cantonese & English
Target： Kids aged 8 to 12 (part of the program may require parental assistance)
*Kids can bring a pair of old jeans to make their own apron
Water Bottle Painting Workshop
Each participant will receive a free Water Bottle sponsored by Bonaqua® for painting guided by illustrator LOSZEHAHA. Match with your favourite colour to create your own bottle, and start a green life by bringing your own bottle everyday!
Date：14 / 18 / 25 August
Time：16:00 – 17:30 / 15:00 – 16:30 / 15:00 – 16:30
Target： Kids aged 8 to 12