Immersive Journey of Junji Ito
“Immersive Journey of Junji Ito”
Revel in his World of Horror & Imagination
Tickets available now
This October, The Mills invites you dive into “Immersive Journey of Junji Ito” taken from five major stories straight out of his mangas, and relish in his world of horror and imagination.
“Immersive Journey of Junji Ito” Details
Date: October 1 – October 31, 2021
Weekend & Public Holiday: 13 sessions daily, each limited to 30 pax with 30 minutes’ visit time
12:00 / 12:40 / 13:20 / 14:00 / 15:20 / 16:00 / 16:40 / 17:20 / 18:00 / 18:40 / 19:20 / 20:00 / 20:40
Monday to Friday: 11 sessions daily, each limited to 30 pax with 30 minutes’ visit time
13:00 / 13:40 / 14:20 / 15:00 / 15:40 / 16:20 / 17:00 / 17:40 / 18:20 / 19:00 / 19:40
Early-Bird Ticket price: HK$150 (available from August 19 – September 5)
Retail Ticket price: HK$180 (available from September 6)
Experience the World of Junji Ito as his Characters
“Immersive Journey of Junji Ito” features impressively detailed story settings inspired from the pages of his mangas, transforming The Annex and using life-size figures to bring the scenes of terror before the eyes of every visitor who dares to step foot within.
Petite exhibition halls were also selected for this programme to dial up the shock factor in crammed, condensed spaces so visitors can best experience Junji Ito’s imaginative world of horror and aesthetics.
The five exhibition areas include: “Crossroads”, “Souichi’s Convenient Curse”, “Slug Girl”, “Town of No Roads” and “Tomie’s Haunted House”. Inside, life-sized manga characters, plus eerily detailed settings will place put you right in the midst of his tales of terror. Finally, read about Junji Ito and relish in mini replicas of his manga characters in the sixth and final exhibit.
The Mills’ “Immersive Journey of Junji Ito” tickets will be on sale through e-platform BOOKYAY from August 19 – you can also enjoy an early bird discount if you book by September 5. Each pre-sale ticket will come with a complementary The Mills x Junji Ito limited-edition tea towel (not for resale). This one-of-a-kind souvenir is not only symbolic of Ito’s comics and the revered The Mills right here in Hong Kong, but also underscores The Mills’ efforts in spearheading unique, innovative concepts, and honouring them through the use of textiles. So mark your calendars, Ito fans!
Immersive Journey of Junji Ito
Most Scary Comic Character IG Challenge
#JunjiItoAtTheMillsBefore experiencing the imaginative world of Junji Ito, Tomie, Souichi and Slug Girl have already arrived The Mills to get the venue ready! From 7 Sep to 24 Sep 2021, look for standees of these characters at The Mills to take a photo with yourself and upload it onto Instagram with the hashtag #JunjiItoAtTheMills and tag @themillshk to join our “Scariest Comic Character” IG Challenge! 5 winners will be chosen, and each will get HK$500 worth of The Mills coupons!
- The Competition opens for Hong Kong citizen aged 18 or above (participant)
- The Competition will be ended on 24 Sep 2021 11:59PM, all participants has to upload photos to Instagram with the hashtag #JunjiItoAtTheMills and location pinned @themillshk before the stated end time. All posting time will be judged according to the time stamp recorded by the platform.
- Upon submission of the comment, participants confirm that the s/he owned the copyright of the piece and any individuals or intellectual properties that have appeared in the comment box, and have consented and agreed to permit the participants to providing the images and personal information to The Mills Hong Kong and that The Mills Hong Kong may use the images and personal information for the purpose of this Contest. The Mills Hong Kong shall not be responsible for any liability arising from claims or suits of third parties, including costs and expenses incidental thereto, in connection with the use of the participants’ comments.
- Submitted comments must not contain content that related to obscene, defamation, racist, discrimination or in any other manner unlawful, The Mills Hong Kong has the right to disqualify the submission without prior notice.
- Upon the end of the competition, The Mills Hong Kong will select 5 most creative works which can best elaborate on the theme 【Immersive Journey of Junji Ito – Most Scary Comic Character IG Challenge】as winners.
- Each winner will be awarded with 10 pcs of The Mills HK$50 Coupon.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Participants can submit more than 1 instagram photo but each participant will be awarded once only.
- Upon submission, participants shall agree to allow The Mills Hong Kong to have the right in using the comment for any event related promotion. Participants Instagram account will be mentioned as credit.
- The Mills Hong Kong will contact winners through Instagram inbox with the official account (themillshk) to obtain information for prize delivery. Winners must reply in full details within 5 working days or will be consider as forfeiting the prize.
- The Mills Hong Kong shall not be responsible for any loss of data or delay in data transmission due to any cause which is not under The Mills Hong Kong reasonable control, including but not limited to a breakdown or failure of communication facilities or any interruption, delay, corruption or interception of such communication.
- Participants agree to Nan Fung Group’s use of submitted personal data for direct marketing purposes as set out in Personal Information Collection Statement.
- In case of any dispute, The Mills Hong Kong reserved the right to make the final decision.