Summertime is when we move our body and get sweaty! Our dearest parents, are you ready to take the kids out for a good cause? Mark the morning of 14 August (Saturday) for The Mills and join us to better the lives of those living with down syndrome and autism, simply by exercising!
KIDZILLA Fitness Challenge 2021
Date: 14 August (Saturday)
Time: 10:30am – 11:30am
Location: The Hall, G/F The Mills
Organizer: Keep Moving Project, LOVE 21 Foundation
KIDZILLA CLIMBS TO THE TOP OF MOUNT EVEREST
The Keep Moving Project is very excited to announce our second annual KIDZILLA Fitness Challenge in support of LOVE21 and the Down syndrome and autistic community in Hong Kong. LOVE21 is an organization dedicated to bettering the lives of those living with Down syndrome and autism through physical activity and nutrition education. Through this fundraiser we hope to encourage a healthier way of living to our community and provide our next generation the best tools to tackle any challenge with heart and grit.
ABOUT THIS CHALLENGE
There are two ways you can take part in KIDZILLA 2021:
- You can take part in the fitness challenge on August 14 and fundraise OR
- You can simply donate and be part of the community.
All funds will be collected via Simplygiving (please pay attention to currency when making a donation).
The Everest Challenge
The height of Mount Everest is 8,849 meters and this will be our challenge. But, we will turn “meters” into “reps” so that anyone can participate. As a Hong Kong community, we will conquer Mount Everest as many times as possible on August 14 from 10:30-11:30am.
HOW WILL YOU DO THIS?
You will create a team of no more than 4 members for this challenge. Grab friends, family, children alike.
- Register your team on Simply Giving with a unique team name and choose the total number of metres or reps your team is going to commit to, for example: Family O’Brien to complete 3000m/reps as a combined effort.
- Choose a challenging, but achievable, target for your team to achieve together. It can be less than 8849 or more than 8849. To complete your reps/metres, pick any movement: air squat, push ups, etc. (1 rep = 1 meter), or pick an exercise like swim, hike, bike, row etc. (performed for actual distance). It can be anything that you can come up with as long as you can tally up to your team total. 1m = 1 rep.
Movements include, but are not limited to,
- Air Squats
- Skipping Rope
- Handstand walk
Team members can choose to do the same movement/s or different movements. They can either do the movements together or with one person working at a time’. As long as everyone moves in the same session. The goal is to achieve the number of reps or distance selected as your team’s target.
On the day of the event, if you think you can achieve more reps/meters than you established, you are more than welcome to do so! We want to conquer Mount Everest as many times as we can!
WHERE WILL THIS HAPPEN?
The Keep Moving Project and LOVE21 will be hosting several locations throughout Hong Kong.
- Asphodel Performance & Fitness (kids members only)
- TKO Plaza
- The Mills
You are welcome to join us in these venues or choose to do them in your own space, gyms, studios, parks, apartments, etc. Please be sure to take visuals of own team in action (videos < 15sec each, photos).
Both team registration and fundraising will run on a third party platform Simplygiving. Be sure to share your team’s fundraising link with your friends and family to help raise money for a good cause!
Time：10:30am – 11:30am
Venue：The Hall, G/F
Organizer：The Keep Moving Project、LOVE 21 Foundation