In anticipation of the New Year, The Mills will be hosting the “One Used Garment, Endless Possibilities” event from 22 Jan to 18 Feb 2024, aiming to raise public awareness of the waste issues caused by excessive consumption of clothing.
Kicking off the “One Used Garment, Endless Possibilities” event series is the “Closet Audit”. From 22 Jan to 4 Feb 2024, we invite everyone to open their closets, count how many clothing items they actually own, and assess which clothes are worth keeping, which have never been worn, and which need to be let go. Through the process of regularly reviewing and organising our closets, we can rethink and understand our own personal style, break the habit of hoarding clothes, and ensure that each garment is fully utilised. The first 20 participants (“Winners”) will be eligible for a 50% discount for enrolling in a subsequent workshop specified by The Mills. Winners will be notified via a private Instagram message within one week after the Activity Period. Terms and conditions apply.
“One Used Garment Endless Possibilities” Online Closet Audit Activity (“Activity”)
Activity Period: from 22 Jan 2024 to 4 Feb 2024 (both dates inclusive)
Open your closets and count how many clothing items you own, review which ones are worth keeping, which ones have never been worn and which ones need to be discarded. Take a photo of your clothes along with the number of clothes owned by you and send it via Instagram direct message to The Mills (@themillshk) during the Activity Period to participate in the Activity. The first 30 participants (“Winners”) will be eligible for a 50% discount for enrolling in a subsequent workshop specified by The Mills. Winners will be notified via Instagram private message within one week after the Activity Period. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions of “One Used Garment Endless Possibilities” Online Closet Audit Activity (“Activity”)
By participating in the Activity, the participant confirms that he/she has read, understood and agreed to be bound by all the following terms and conditions: –
- The Activity is organized by The Mills Limited (“The Mills”).
- The Activity will start on 22 Jan 2024 and end on 28 Jan 2024 at 11:59 PM (HKT)(“Activity Period”).
- To participate in the Activity, participants must submit the following items during the Activity Period to the official Instagram account of The Mills (@themillshk) via direct message (collectively, “Submission”):-
- a photo of the participant’s clothes (“Photo Submission”); and
- a text message indicating the number of clothes owned by the participant.
The message time stamp of the Submission as per The Mills’ record shall be final.
- Each participant warrants that he/she is the sole and exclusive owner of the copyright and all other rights in his/her Photo Submission, the Photo Submission is his/her original work, and the Photo Submission does not infringe the rights (including but not limited to intellectual property rights) of any third parties. The participant shall be solely responsible for any and all liabilities and claims arising from a breach of this term.
- The Mills reserves the right to disqualify any participant if, in the sole opinion of The Mills, his/her Submission infringes on the rights of any party.
- All Submissions shall not contain any content that is potentially libelous, slanderous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, blasphemous, discriminatory, intimidating, harmful to national security, unlawful, or otherwise inappropriate, or any material that may constitute any criminal or civil liability. The Mills has the right and sole discretion to disqualify any participant suspected to be in breach of this term without notice.
- After the Activity Period, the first 30 participants will be selected by The Mills based on its record (“Winners”), and will be eligible to enjoy a 50% discount on subsequent workshop to be specified by The Mills (“Prize”). Please stay tuned to Event Page for details of the subsequent workshop. The workshop is organized and provided by third parties and is subject to further terms and conditions. The Mills and its affiliated companies give no representation, warranty or undertaking, whether express or implied, in respect of the workshop and shall not be liable to any person for any injuries, damage or loss arising from or in relation to the workshop or the Activity.
- The Winners must register as a member of “NF Touch Membership Programme” to redeem the Prize. NF Touch Membership Programme is subject to NF Touch Membership Programme Terms and Conditions (please refer to [website address]).
- The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged or redeemed in any way for cash or other goods, services or offers whatsoever .
- Participants can submit more than 1 Submission, but each participant can win once only.
- Each participant agrees to allow and authorizes The Mills and/or its affiliated companies to use the participant’s Submission (including his/her Photo Submission(s) or any part thereof) for any commercial, promotional or marketing purpose without compensation.
- If The Mills and/or its affiliated companies suffer any loss or damage in connection with a participant’s Submission (including any use thereof as contemplated in paragraph 11 above), the participant agrees to indemnify The Mills and/or its affiliated companies for all losses and damages (including but not limited to any legal costs).
- The Mills will notify the Winners using the official account (@themillshk) via Instagram message. Winners must reply and provide the requisite information for prize collection purposes within 2 days from the date of the prize notification message. Otherwise, the Prize will be deemed forfeited.
- In no event shall The Mills and/or its affiliated companies be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature or causes beyond their reasonable control including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labour disputes, shortages of labour or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God or delays or non-performance by third parties.
- The Activity is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- The Mills has the right to suspend, terminate or cancel the Activity at any time without prior notice or compensation.
- The Mills reserves the right to add, delete, vary or amend these terms and conditions or change, modify or cancel any aspect of the Activity or the Prize at any time and from time to time and at its sole discretion without notice and without liability to the participants or any other party.
- In case of any dispute relating to the Activity, The Mills has the right to make the final decision.
- The English version of these terms and conditions shall prevail wherever there is any discrepancy between the Chinese and English versions.
- These terms and conditions shall be construed and governed by the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”) and all relevant parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.